Port Wine, Citrus and Cracked Pepper Glazed Boneless Ham
Ready in: 15m - Cooking time: 3m -
For 4 people ()
- 8 pound(s) fully-cooked boneless ham
- 1 cup(s) orange juice
- 1 cup(s) brown sugar
- 1 cup(s) soy sauce
- 8 cloves
- 3 tablespoon(s) peppercorn, cracked *
In a 4-quart Dutch oven, combine port, orange juice, brown sugar, soy sauce, cloves and peppercorn and bring to a boil over medium high heat. Reduce the heat and simmer about 45 minutes or until volume is reduced by half (about 2 cups).
1 Fully cooked boneless ham, about 8 pounds.
Loosely wrap ham with foil and place cut-side down in a 13 x 9 inch baking dish. Bake at 275 degrees F for 1 1/2 to 2 hours or until ham reaches an internal temperature of 80 degrees F.
- Remove foil, leaving the foil on the bottom of the pan. Increase temperature to 325 degrees F and bake for 1 hour or until the internal temperature reaches 120 degrees F.
- Brush with glaze, bake 15 minutes, brush again and bake 15 more minutes or until internal temperature reaches 140 degrees F. Remove from oven, brush with glaze and lemon zest.
- Makes 40 1-teaspoon servings of sauce and 32 – 40 3-ounce servings of ham.
- *To crack peppercorns, place in baggie and pound with meat mallet or rolling pin to crack easily
- **You can use orange or lemon zest.
- By Chef Lou Rook III of Annie Gunn's restaurant in St. Louis, Mo.