Caribbean Pork and Couscous Salad
Ready in: 15m - Cooking time: 10m -
For 4 serving(s) ()
- 2 boneless pork chops, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon(s) Caribbean-style rub
- 10 ounce(s) couscous
- 2 cup(s) boiling water
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1.5 cup(s) dried cherries
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 2 oranges, peeled and sliced
- 1 medium cucumber, sliced
- 4 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 2 tablespoon(s) orange juice
- 1 zest of orange
- 1.5 teaspoon(s) brown sugar
- 0 salt and papper, to taste
- In plastic bag, shake together the pork cubes and Caribbean rub to evenly coat the pork. Skewer pork and grill over medium-hot fire for 8 minutes, turning occasionally to brown evenly.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl combine couscous and boiling water and 1/2 teaspoon salt; let sit 5 minutes. Stir cherries and green onions into couscous. Arrange cucumber slices around the edge of four dinner plates; equally portion couscous mixture onto plates; topping with orange slices and pork cubes.
- Stir together oil, orange juice, orange zest, brown sugar; season with salt and pepper. Drizzle over salads and garnish each salad with some chopped pecans.
- *Or combine 4 teaspoons ground allspice, 1 tablespoon each dried thyme and paprika, 1 teaspoon each cayenne, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper.